hello everyone,
well i arrived on my vacation to huaraz late friday night. i am here with about 6 other people and we have had a wonderful time. we are staying in what seems like a 5 star hotel, but everything seems nice under the conditions. Once we dropped off our luggage we headed straight for food. We went to this pizza place and got a pizza and then i got the best dessert that i have had in a really long time. I had a pancake with manar blanco (like carmel) filled in the center with vanialla ice cream on top. It was Divine!
Then yesturday we went on an adventure. I mean an adventure. My team which is Rebekah (girl from georgia), Danielle (girl from Missouri) and myself along with a missionary by the name of Tommy headed for one of the glaciers. when we finally arrived to our destination i was talking to the guards and i asked them if it was a hard hike and they tell me "No seƱorita...es muy facil." Very easy and that it only takes about two hours. Well we started up the mountain and when we got to the top of this one hill i looked up and all of the studden the trail goes straight up. So i proceed with dizziness up this cliff. then i run into some europeans and ask them about how much further and they tell me that it will be about an hour more. so we get to this water fall that is amazing and i am thinking i am there...little did i know that I had to climb up along side of the waterfall. so here i am hiking and rock climbing all with the wrong equipment. i didn{t have any ropes or anything which is what i needed. I only saw my life flash before my eyes once and then after climbing up the waterfall free handed i see the most amazing, breath-taking, beautiful thing ever. we reached the top. This lagune was below the glacier and it was so beautiful. I had climbed over 3000 feet up. All those hikings with victor up what i thought was a huge mountain was really nothing compared to this. I have pics, but they will not be able to capture just what i saw. Well after talking with this teenager from some european country i have never heard of, we headed down the mountain. Now I thought that coming up was hard, but I think going down is even harder when you get to the rock climbing part because one fall and you will be in heaven. Well I made it down the rocks and then we were walking with some people from colorado and low and behold i fall and start rolling. Remember my name is not grace and well I did make it look like I had done it on purpose because I jumped up and continued walking like nothing had happened. Slick right? So my hiking adventure took about a total of 4 and a half hours. Then we were straving so we went and ate some really good food at one of the local international resturants here in huaraz.
While i was climbing up the mountain I could not stop thinking about my devotional for the day about how God is my rock. Those rocks held me up and helped me get to the top of the mountain. That is just what God does for each of his children. he holds us up when we think we are going to fall and he lets us see more of him when we get to the top. God is amazing and he is doing some amazing things.
You know you are in the will of God when you walked through your village and little kids, even older people know you by name and they know that you are there to tell them about christ. My favorite thing is being with my boys. They have been there from the start. they are all from like 4 to 12 years old and they love their girls. Everyday they come and want to play and come to see what kind of bible stories we can tell them. My favorite part is when walking through the town and people call me hermanita, Abigail or gringita. They want me to come into their home and share something with them. I usually have atleast one meal with a different family everyday. It is amazing. God is doing so much work here.
On a sader note, I found out last night that I will not be in recuay much longer. I will only have about nine days when I get back tomorrow night. They have moved our jungle trip up to where we will be leaving on July 10 instead of the 12th. So I now only have 9 days to memorize my spanish bible stories. Please be in prayer that I will be able to remember them and that I will not be so tired. Thank you all for your prayers and I don{t know when I will be able to write again but definitely before i come back home. I love you all and you all mean so much to me....love the gringita
well i arrived on my vacation to huaraz late friday night. i am here with about 6 other people and we have had a wonderful time. we are staying in what seems like a 5 star hotel, but everything seems nice under the conditions. Once we dropped off our luggage we headed straight for food. We went to this pizza place and got a pizza and then i got the best dessert that i have had in a really long time. I had a pancake with manar blanco (like carmel) filled in the center with vanialla ice cream on top. It was Divine!
Then yesturday we went on an adventure. I mean an adventure. My team which is Rebekah (girl from georgia), Danielle (girl from Missouri) and myself along with a missionary by the name of Tommy headed for one of the glaciers. when we finally arrived to our destination i was talking to the guards and i asked them if it was a hard hike and they tell me "No seƱorita...es muy facil." Very easy and that it only takes about two hours. Well we started up the mountain and when we got to the top of this one hill i looked up and all of the studden the trail goes straight up. So i proceed with dizziness up this cliff. then i run into some europeans and ask them about how much further and they tell me that it will be about an hour more. so we get to this water fall that is amazing and i am thinking i am there...little did i know that I had to climb up along side of the waterfall. so here i am hiking and rock climbing all with the wrong equipment. i didn{t have any ropes or anything which is what i needed. I only saw my life flash before my eyes once and then after climbing up the waterfall free handed i see the most amazing, breath-taking, beautiful thing ever. we reached the top. This lagune was below the glacier and it was so beautiful. I had climbed over 3000 feet up. All those hikings with victor up what i thought was a huge mountain was really nothing compared to this. I have pics, but they will not be able to capture just what i saw. Well after talking with this teenager from some european country i have never heard of, we headed down the mountain. Now I thought that coming up was hard, but I think going down is even harder when you get to the rock climbing part because one fall and you will be in heaven. Well I made it down the rocks and then we were walking with some people from colorado and low and behold i fall and start rolling. Remember my name is not grace and well I did make it look like I had done it on purpose because I jumped up and continued walking like nothing had happened. Slick right? So my hiking adventure took about a total of 4 and a half hours. Then we were straving so we went and ate some really good food at one of the local international resturants here in huaraz.
While i was climbing up the mountain I could not stop thinking about my devotional for the day about how God is my rock. Those rocks held me up and helped me get to the top of the mountain. That is just what God does for each of his children. he holds us up when we think we are going to fall and he lets us see more of him when we get to the top. God is amazing and he is doing some amazing things.
You know you are in the will of God when you walked through your village and little kids, even older people know you by name and they know that you are there to tell them about christ. My favorite thing is being with my boys. They have been there from the start. they are all from like 4 to 12 years old and they love their girls. Everyday they come and want to play and come to see what kind of bible stories we can tell them. My favorite part is when walking through the town and people call me hermanita, Abigail or gringita. They want me to come into their home and share something with them. I usually have atleast one meal with a different family everyday. It is amazing. God is doing so much work here.
On a sader note, I found out last night that I will not be in recuay much longer. I will only have about nine days when I get back tomorrow night. They have moved our jungle trip up to where we will be leaving on July 10 instead of the 12th. So I now only have 9 days to memorize my spanish bible stories. Please be in prayer that I will be able to remember them and that I will not be so tired. Thank you all for your prayers and I don{t know when I will be able to write again but definitely before i come back home. I love you all and you all mean so much to me....love the gringita
No comments:
Post a Comment