Hola everyone,
I am still alive. I have not been able to get to a computer and when I have it is so slow that I can not post anything for you to read. I am doing well. We have been very busy. We hiked up the mountain and I mean up the mountain a really long way. I only had my water and a snack and it felt like I was carrying a full backpack. Some of the time we had to literally climb the mountain. It was straight up. It was hard. Then when we thought we were going to die we made it. We worked with potatoes. I have never seen a pile of potatoes that big before. But it was a way to work with the women and get to talk to them. Inorder to witness you have to meet their needs and they needed help with the potatoes. It was fun. But I thought it will be easy to go back down the mountain. Little did i know we were going to have to carry potatoes back down and I do not have the best coordination. My name is Abby not Grace. But we made it back down. That was hard work and we were dirty and smelly but it was the best day so far. I really enjoyed it and my spanish is getting much better. Maybe it is my confidence. I know it is God.
Then the next day we dug a fruit called Oka out of the ground. You dig it up and it has to dry for 10 days before you can eat it. So, I don't know what it taste like. We have been eating lots of lamb and I don't know if it is the way they fix it or the fact that we eat it 3 times a week. But I have had enough of it. I don't want it when I come home. We have been eating peanut butter(creama de mani) it is very expensive here and eggs. We have drank all the bottled water in Recuay. That is not good. I bought some of those pills that clean the water but it taste nasty and still does not seem safe. There is a guy here who has a thing that cleans the water and so we have been getting water from him. Thank God for that.
We have been very busy and that is good for me. We have something every day. We have been teaching english to some people every night at 6:30. And working during the day doing things like cutting fire wood, digging crops or helping out the village people in some way. We are dirty. I only get to take a shower about once every four days and you still do not feel clean. You have to work for everything here. I have been washing my clothes by hand. Thank God for washing machines. I do not get them that clean. I can not do as good a job as a washing machine. I use wet ones to clean my self most days. If you want something here you have to work for it. Nothing is easy. We have it so easy in america. Don't forget that. If you want to go somewhere you walk, if you want to eat, you kill it and clean it. If you want to drink you have to purify it. They work very hard here. I have leaned alot.
I will write more when I am on a leave in a town called Huaraz. It is about 30 minutes away and I will be there for a few days.
Thank you for your prayers and keep praying. I am doing well but am tired. Pray for the people here. Pray against the spiritual warfare and pray I memorize all the bible stories I have to learn. I need to know them all in spanish by heart.
until God gives me time again. Know that I am thankful for each and everyone of you and the prayers you send up for me. There is so much more to tell you but I am running out of time. God is good all the time.......Abby
I am still alive. I have not been able to get to a computer and when I have it is so slow that I can not post anything for you to read. I am doing well. We have been very busy. We hiked up the mountain and I mean up the mountain a really long way. I only had my water and a snack and it felt like I was carrying a full backpack. Some of the time we had to literally climb the mountain. It was straight up. It was hard. Then when we thought we were going to die we made it. We worked with potatoes. I have never seen a pile of potatoes that big before. But it was a way to work with the women and get to talk to them. Inorder to witness you have to meet their needs and they needed help with the potatoes. It was fun. But I thought it will be easy to go back down the mountain. Little did i know we were going to have to carry potatoes back down and I do not have the best coordination. My name is Abby not Grace. But we made it back down. That was hard work and we were dirty and smelly but it was the best day so far. I really enjoyed it and my spanish is getting much better. Maybe it is my confidence. I know it is God.
Then the next day we dug a fruit called Oka out of the ground. You dig it up and it has to dry for 10 days before you can eat it. So, I don't know what it taste like. We have been eating lots of lamb and I don't know if it is the way they fix it or the fact that we eat it 3 times a week. But I have had enough of it. I don't want it when I come home. We have been eating peanut butter(creama de mani) it is very expensive here and eggs. We have drank all the bottled water in Recuay. That is not good. I bought some of those pills that clean the water but it taste nasty and still does not seem safe. There is a guy here who has a thing that cleans the water and so we have been getting water from him. Thank God for that.
We have been very busy and that is good for me. We have something every day. We have been teaching english to some people every night at 6:30. And working during the day doing things like cutting fire wood, digging crops or helping out the village people in some way. We are dirty. I only get to take a shower about once every four days and you still do not feel clean. You have to work for everything here. I have been washing my clothes by hand. Thank God for washing machines. I do not get them that clean. I can not do as good a job as a washing machine. I use wet ones to clean my self most days. If you want something here you have to work for it. Nothing is easy. We have it so easy in america. Don't forget that. If you want to go somewhere you walk, if you want to eat, you kill it and clean it. If you want to drink you have to purify it. They work very hard here. I have leaned alot.
I will write more when I am on a leave in a town called Huaraz. It is about 30 minutes away and I will be there for a few days.
Thank you for your prayers and keep praying. I am doing well but am tired. Pray for the people here. Pray against the spiritual warfare and pray I memorize all the bible stories I have to learn. I need to know them all in spanish by heart.
until God gives me time again. Know that I am thankful for each and everyone of you and the prayers you send up for me. There is so much more to tell you but I am running out of time. God is good all the time.......Abby
No comments:
Post a Comment