Hey there!
Well I thought I would try to update this thing while I am in lima. I leave at 6am in the morning for Recuay which is a 7 hour drive. i will be taking motion sickness medicine because of driving. Just to be on the safe side.
My stay in Canta was amazing and God did so many wonderful things. I was able to practice my spanish. I went to other villages surrounding canta too. A memory that sticks out to me the most is something that happened to me last night. 6 of us got into some trucks and traveled about a hour to a small village called Huaros. The scenary on the way up there was A-mazing. It was wonderful winding up the mountain, breathing fresh air, seeing waterfalls, and God´s wonderful beauty. I was even able to capture some of the beauty. Once we got to the village we started getting ready for the service that was going to take place that night. A few minutes later, the preachers wife comes and invites us to her house for some cafĂ© and food. They welcomed us in their home and offered us the best that they had. They didn´t have much, but they were so happy. They started taking pictures of us and I asked them why they were wanting so many pictures and they said..."we want pictures so we can put them on the walls of our homes to pray for you." It was sweet and overwhelming. We thing went back to the church and had the service. I know that verse in zephaniah 3: 17 (I think that is the right verse) talks about how when we are in the will of God that he is dancing over us. God was in this church and he was dancing. The worship was really a joyful sound to the lord even if we were all making different sounds and different pitches. They were so happy and passionate. I couldn´t help but think...America has lost their passion. It is sad. I spoke on psalm 54 and reminded the people that God is always with us wherever we go. It was truely amazing. Even though the food scared me, I would have traded it for anything. Pictures can´t capture everything, but atleast they can capture some of the memories.
Well there are some ways that you can pray for me. I am heading to recuay and please pray that I do not freeze to death. I definitely didn´t pack the right things. Pray that I will be able to memorize my bible stories in spanish. I have a lot of chapters to memorize. This is for the jungle because we have to tell the jungle people the stories by heart. This is their only way of witnessing to their own people. Pray for safety, protection against sickness and that God will take away my fear of speaking the spanish language.
Thank you all and I love you and miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment