Monday, August 2, 2010

happenings in the life of Abigail

Hey everyone,
 I am sorry for the delay in the post. I am finally back in the United States of America! I believe this is the first time in my life that I have been excited about being back in the United States. Let me start by telling you more about my trip to Bolivia.

Bolivia:
I believe the cause of my sickness was a spider bite. I was sick for a total of 7 days and each day I was able to do more. I reached my low point on that Sunday. I thought God was mad at me or disappointed in me because I was not able to do what I had planned. Little did I know that God had other plans for me. It was the song "Come as you are" by Pocket Full of Rocks that helped me. I was laying in the bed wondering why this happened to me and questioning everything. The first line of that song says "he's not mad at you, he's not disappointed his grace is greater still...." What a wonderful thing! God loves me in my brokenness and weak mess. I am to come to him as i am. So I came to him in my weakness and he comforted me! My attitude changed at that moment because God was still going to use me. I was able to finally get out of the bed and stay awake for several hours on Tuesday. Tuesday I went and helped Nancy do bible story activities. I brought the stuff to the apartment with me so that I could do it in bed. Wednesday which was my birthday i was finally able to walk around and I went to the market to help buy school supplies for a one room school house. Thursday was the first day that I truly started to feel better. I was able to participate in a translator bible study and help the journey girls. Friday I made my way back to the united states. Bolivia is a trip that I will never forget because I learned so much about myself and my relationship with the Lord.

Missions:
well while in Bolivia I was able to be still enough to listen to God and pray. Through all of that I learned more about my call to missions. Up to this point I had thought that I would only be in the United States for a year more but God showed me that at this time I am not called to long term missions. He could change that at any time but currently right now I am only called to short term missions. So I will continue to go on little trips whenever I feel the Lord call me.

Job:
 I got a JOB!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! I am so excited. I got a job on the spot the Monday I came back from Bolivia. I had an interview with the school before I left and they emailed me while I was gone saying that they would like a second interview. I went in and they offered me the job. I feel truly blessed because it is one of the better schools in the county. I am just praying that the Lord will prepare me and that i will be able to be used how he wants me to.

thank you all so much for the prayers and encouragement! It means so much to me! I love you all, Abigail

No comments: