Thursday, March 25, 2010

T minus 7 hours for take off! Destination San jose Costa Rica

Hey all!

Well its that time! I leave in about 7 hours. I have to meet my group at 3am so that way we can get to Durham on time. I'm really excited to see just what God is going to do. We had a dinner on Wednesday night to raise money and it was a pretty good size group that came. I was really happy that I went because I don't know many of the people that are going on the trip. I was able to talk with them all and get to know them a little better.

As of right now my schedule is the following:

Friday: Arrive and get all the info
Saturday: Do a VBS in a poor area
Sunday: church, sightseeing and feeding the homeless (I hear its dangerous but life changing)
Monday: Meeting people in the street, orphanage
Tuesday: food distribution to the poor, zip line through the jungle, shopping etc (this is more of our get to know the country day)
Wednesday: orphanage, building project
Thursday: clean up pack up (I'll be home extremely late on this day).

I'll try to update you all. They just gave us this brief schedule so we could get a general idea of what we would be doing so it could and probably will change.

How you can pray for me:
1. Unity between the groups
2. That God would give me the words when translating or talking with the people
3. Open the hearts of the people there
4. God would teach everyone in the group something he wants us to learn

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Prayer is key on a mission trip. When you are praying for me God is doing a work in me and through me. Sometimes you never know exactly why you are praying for me but God does and if you read some of the Peru experiences you will find out why it is important!

I love you all,
Abigail

No comments: