It's all around us, especially in this day and age. You hear of someone struggling with family issues, marital issues, relationship issues, financial issues, children and the list could really go on. We have all been there too, one way or another, we have had hard times. Usually it's during these times that we ask why???
Lately I have been studying just why it happens. I've been holding onto the promises in God's word. Casting crowns has an amazing song called "just be held." If you haven't heard it, you should stop reading this post and go to youtube and listen to it. So what have I learned?
I have learned that I need to let go and let God take control. That is way easier said than done too. I need to just let Jesus hold me and guide me through these tough situations. The bible states that “But you, Israel, are my servant. You’re Jacob, my first choice, descendants of my good friend Abraham. I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark corner of the earth, Telling you, ‘You’re my servant, serving on my side. I’ve picked you. I haven’t dropped you.’ Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. (Isaiah 41:8-10 MSG) You read that right, Jesus picked me, he's going to help me and hold me. Then in 2 Corinthians it says "All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too". (2 Corinthians 1:3-5 MSG) So again, he is right beside us through it all and once we go through it, we can then help someone else.
So embrace the hard times because with God you will get through it. You will be a stronger person in then end and you will be able to help someone else later through the same situation. It is not going to be easy. He never said it would be, but he did say that he would be right beside us through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment