Hello all,
I hope you are well. I am now back in the United States in little ole climax. Leaving was a lot of mixed emotions for me because it is always hard to come back to the United States after I have experienced so much. It was not like most of my mission trips I have been on, but God did teach me a lot of new and little things.
I learned:
1. How I will run it when I have states visit me if I am ever on the mission field in a foreign country.
2. I learned that I truly have a heart and a passion for the Spanish speaking population.
3. I love children and working in an orphanage would totally satisfy that need
(Picture one is of me and Franklin, picture two is me and Andreas! I love them kids and I wanted to bring them home which brings me to the next point).
4. Costa Rica makes it really hard for people to adopt children so a lot of times the same children will stay in the home until they are ready to move out.
5. I love meeting new people (I know they live close and some far away but they will always stay close to my heart)!
6. I always feel at home when I am speaking Spanish and living the Spanish way of life (don't get me wrong I love the states and I love English but I love Spanish too)!
7. People in Costa Rica do not speak proper Spanish they mostly speak in slang which makes it hard to communicate at times.
God used this trip to grow me and mold me more into his image. I had to get out of my comfort zone and God used those times for me to learn to trust him even more. I would not have traded this experience for anything. I met people that I will never forget and that I hope I will see again. I laughed until I cried, I cried, I smiled and learned the effect of how much it means to someone to be loved.
What now? I'm going to Bolivia sometime this summer. I am still working on the details for that one. I am here in my mission field teaching my children Spanish and I am the light some of them will ever see and that is good enough for me. My challenge to you...be sanctified...be set a part. Let others see Christ in you. Do you look different? Can others see him shinning brightly through you?
I love you all and thanks so much for all the prayers!
Abigail
No comments:
Post a Comment