Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who would have thought?

Hi everyone,
I just want to update you on what is going on in my life at the moment! I started my teacher workdays on Monday and was immediately overwhelmed with all that I had to do. I had tons of paper work to do, orientation for new teachers, fix/finish my room, annual plans, lesson plans and so much more. I walked in Monday and when I was on the tour of the school I found out that my classroom was still not finished being remodeled. In order to have Spanish this year they had to make my classroom. This means they took small offices and took out the walls in between to make me a room. In the end I had a small skinny rectangle room.

Over the week I have been trying to remodel the room. Since my dad builds things I know some stuff about that kind of thing. Since the guys that were hired didn't come I decided to take matters in my own hands. I painted the walls that the workers did not, I took out a steel beam, took things off the wall that were not suppose to be there and if I knew electrical and tiling I would have done that too. So on Wednesday my room was completed which meant that I could decorate my room. Daddy came to help me and we almost completed the room. (Wednesday was also a day where I had to turn in my annual plan and I wanted to have a breakdown). Thursday I received my chairs for the classroom only to find out that it was going to be a tight fit for the chairs. After much rearranging I figured out how to position my classroom. I have to pray that I only have 20 students because I cannot fit any more chairs in my room. Friday was Open House. I was able to meet tons of parents and my students. I am excited about teaching and most of the kids are extremely excited about Spanish!

My board is still not up and I just pray that it will be ready for Tuesday! Please pray that I would not be as stressed and that I would not feel sick (nerves). I'll post pictures of my classroom soon!

No comments: