Lately I have been going through a lot of times in the valley and I often think "Do they really have it all?" The holidays always seem to make me a little depressed because well most of my friends are married or in a relationship. And many know what they will be doing in 2009. People know what they are doing after college. Some are going on the mission field right now, others know they will be leaving in a few months, People are planning weddings, getting great jobs, are told wonderful news and the list really could go on. So do they really have it all? God's answer...nope! Without God there is nothing. I am not the only one going through this either. It goes all the way back to times in the bible.
Take for instance Habakkuk. He was frustrated with what people where getting away with. We think this too. But then in Hab. 2:3b-4 it says "It may seem like a long time, but be patient and wait for it because it will surely come; it will not be delayed...but those who are right with God will live by faith." So what must we do...live by faith. We need to have faith that we will get out of that valley. We need to have faith that God will answer us. And the best part...if it is what the Lord desires than it will come true. I know that one day I will be with my prince charming. I just have to remind myself not to lower my standards. When I lower them I become like the rest of the world. I am unique and not like most because I have standards set by a king. He wants what is best for me and I am going to wait for that. So girls don't lower your standards. It only takes that one guy to be out there for you. He will love you even more for not settling. Guys there are still girls out there that want you to lead and be the spiritual leader. We are just waiting for you.
God also tells us that in Isa. 45:23 "i will make a promise by my own power and my promise is true; what i say will not be changed." Thank you Jesus!!! That is what we should hold on to. People will let you down in this world but God never will. Isn't that amazing! I might not know where exactly the lord is taking me this summer, in a year, in three years or even 10 years but what I do know is that I will wait. While I am waiting I will worship him and serve him.
So without God they really don't have it. They might be in that relationship, they might have that job, they might always have good things happen to them, they might know what they are going to do in life, they might...but it is NOTHING without God as the pilot.
They might have it now but I have it for eternity....
No comments:
Post a Comment